Going with honesty/first thing that pops into my head over concerted effort at humor. Here goes...
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18 and find line 4
Damn. If you put this up yesterday, I would have grabbed Jonathan Letham's "Fortress of Solitude" it's been on my desk waiting to go back to the library for a week*... Now I have to go with "The Graphic Artist's Guild: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines"—"...derivative work, though not the making of new..." Yum, copyright legalese.
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, what do you find?
To my left is the open room, the next closest thing is the treadmill. And, no, I did NOT do 30 minutes today or any time in the last two months...
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Tivo'd "Colbert Report"
4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
12:18. My daughter went to bed early and it's been screwing me up all night...
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Blues-drenched vocals, stalwart drumming, personable, good-looking bass and legendary guitar. A.K.A: The Firm's "Midnight Moonlight"
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Walking the dog about
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
9. What are you wearing?
Jeans and a hooded (hood down) CLEMSON sweatshirt.
10. Did you dream last night?
I'm not really remembering my dreams these days, but last night it was probably about painting the bathroom, since it's all I did for two days...
11. When did you last laugh?
Tickling my daughter makes me laugh almost as hard. About 8:00 p.m.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
A poster of a giant Carl Yastrzemski baseball card, pictures of my daughter, a big framed photo of the Brooklyn Bridge.
13. Seen anything weird lately?
Weird, eh? Nothing comes to mind. Does that count as weird?
14. What do you think of this quiz?
I kind of like these usually, but I'm beginning to wonder how long this one is...
15. What is the last film you saw?
Rented "X2" and "L4yer Cake" this weekend (wife was away). Last in the theater—"Family Stone"
16. If you turned into a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
A Senate Seat?
A new car, because I really need one. Lots of music. A really sweet softball bat. This for my daughter, and anything my wife wants from here.
And some Red Sox tickets. I'd follow them
17. Tell me something about you that I don’t know.
My laughter often comes in the form of a ridiculously loud outburst...
18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt and politics, what would you do?
Um, eliminate religion?
19. Do you like to Dance?
Nope. But that's because I can't and I am REALLY self-conscious about it. I'm pretty sure even my recent multi-millions won't cure it either.
20. George Bush.
His elimination was the first answer for 18, but I decided to be more far-reaching.
21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
No imagination necessary. Her name is Ruby. That was my wife's long time dream name for a girl. I was skeptical at first, but I love it. She wants Mabel if there's another. I don't cotton to that one...at all. I don't know what I'll call her, but Ruby has declared that we name a girl Mabel, she'll call her "Marble."
22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what would you call him?
Starting left-fielder for the Boston Red Sox...
23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Yeah...but i fear my brain is too addled to learn a new language.
24. What would you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
"So, you didn't believe in me, eh? Well, that's fine by me—most of the people who do are annoying anyway, if you ask me. Come on in..."
25. 4 people who must also do this theme in their journal.
Already bookended by the people I would forward to...
* [sheepish confession] I returned the book unread.