Wednesday, September 06, 2006

E-Racer

I have a whole slew of topics "saved as drafts" waiting for when I have more time to properly rant. In the meantime, here's a little thing that I stumbled across that just made me stop, smile, and remember simpler times...


I couldn't tell you which states were in the first 13 colonies. The Mississippi is a long river, but I have no idea how long. George Washington was the first President and Jefferson was the third, but I don't know who the second was. I can say pencil in French, but have no idea how to say pen. These embarrassing gaps in knowledge are the direct result of daydreaming while racing Pink Pearl eraser Can-Am racecars at my grade school desk. [link]

Text-messaging? Bah, All the fun and distraction I ever needed was right in the pencil box... Who among us late-30s guys didn't grow up doing this stuff. I'd even break out the thumb tacks and take my "cars" to the next level...

[via jalopnik.com]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Niiiiiiice.

Anonymous said...

The really craft savvy can take one of those erasers, a Popsicle stick, the tips off some plastic knives, parts of a ballpoint pen and make an amazing little aircraft.