Thursday, December 25, 2008

Movie Résumé Meme

Toast has a new meme up...it's a seemingly random list of movies and you check off which ones you've seen and count 'em up. I'm not about to bog down my front page with that freaking list, so if you want to check it out, I posted it in the archives here.

I've seen 90 out of a possible 213—same number as Toast, actually. A lot of overlap, and like Toast, most of the movies on this list that interest me, I've seen. And considering I've consumed far fewer movies since the kids were born that means there's a lot of shit on this list...

The few on the list I'm curious about:
Shaun of the Dead, Pirates of the Caribbean (both), Spider-Man (they only list 1 and 2, I want to see all three), Night Watch (maybe?). Bourne Supremacy

Movies you might not have seen that I'd highly recommend: Run Lola Run, A Bronx Tale, Lone Star (excellent).

Avoid at all costs: Four Rooms

No interest in the past, present or future:
Baseketball, Team America, Orgazmo (I hate those fucking South Park guys), Hannibal (shit novel, after two awesome ones)

UPDATE:
The more I think about it, the more annoyingly arbitrary that list was. I need to come up with a better one somehow...

5 comments:

Angelos said...

Team America is great.

Shaun of the Dead is a wonderfully funny homage to the Zombie movie. The same team did Hot Fuzz, a wonderfully funny homage to/send-up of the buddy cop movie.

steves said...

Shaun of the Dead, Pirates of the Caribbean (both), Spider-Man (they only list 1 and 2, I want to see all three), Night Watch (maybe?). Bourne Supremacy

Movies are very subjective, but I'll throw in my opinion. Shaun of the Dead was great, but I love zombie movies. If you don't, then it would probably not be all that good. Pirates was good, mindless fun. Spiderman 1 and 2 were ok, but 3 was painfully bad to watch. Nightwatch was an interesting take on vampires and worth watching. The Bourne movies are really good. Matt Damon does a suprisingly good job.

steves said...

Just went though the list and I saw 133 of those movies. I watched a lot of movies in college.

Surly Rob said...

i saw 112 of them.

Team America was very funny. I agree with Anglos and steves of the others.

Merry Christmas Cocko

Alexandra said...

I agree with the above comments, mostly. Shaun was surprisingly good; Team America is hilarious; Pirates/Spiderman are entertaining; love the Bourne trilogy - can't believe they were all so good. Ultimatum was great.