Friday, August 05, 2005

Misc: Chicken Little (literally)?

Like apparently most of the world, I ignored much of the stories about Asian Bird Flu. "Ahh, that's halfway around the world in villages where chickens run around the house..." John Cole had a post the other day, and I scrolled right past it. But exploring a new site today (Rck Moran's Right Wing Nut House) I found his post "The Coming Catastrophe" disturbing, if not frightening. The original Washington Post story they each refer to is here.

Is this real or the next Y2K? I hope they are wrong...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Half of me wants to think the whole thing is crazy and half of me wants to stop by the grocery store on my way home to stock up! I can't even imagine this...We probably shrug off ideas like these b/c very few people living today were alive for the last pandemic. So it feels so "impossible" or overstated. Like an epsiode of The Twilight Zone or The X Files or something. And we probably feel far too confident in our healthcare system's ability to handle something call "flu." Maybe they should have given it a different name--like including the word flu is too "everyday," too familiar to incite any real alarm on our part...Just pray this thing doesn't happen. Yo' Sista'