Wednesday, May 28, 2008

“But babes, this is Jake and Elwood. The Blues Brothers.”

“The Blues Brothers? Shiiit! They still owe you money, fool.”

Tonight in my email:
Your request for "The Blues Brothers [sound recording]" is now ready for pickup at the Pittsfield Branch Library and will be held until library closing on Tuesday, June 3.

Thank you for using the Ann Arbor District Library.

The topic of movie soundtracks came up last month at twoglasses, and I realized I had a serious hole in the digital collection. Well, no longer. Unfortunately, it's not the only Blues Brothers album I really want, it's the only one they have at the AADL, and iTunes has jack.

Oh, and if those Howard clowns still haven't seen the movie...

“It's .6 miles to the library, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.”

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

A shared delight. If I come across one of the BB movies on TV, I can't click past it, never mind that I've seen it several times already. They're always fun.

Good luck with the album.

Mr Furious said...

"One of?" "They're?"

I don't know what you mean? there is only ONE Blues Brother movie...

;-)

Angelos said...

"Briefcase Full of Blues" is better. Get that shit, will ya?

Mr Furious said...

That's what I'm talkin' about! I have it on vinyl...

Anonymous said...

Blues Brothers 2000

Blues Brothers 2000 is a 1998 musical/comedy film and sequel to the 1980 film The Blues Brothers. Directed by John Landis, the film featured Dan Aykroyd and John Goodman, with cameos by many musicians. The film is dedicated to John Belushi, John Candy and Cab Calloway.

Mr Furious said...

Oh, I knew what you were taking about, I was being a purist snob and my sarcasm didn't come through...

IMO, non-John Belushi Blues Brothers ain't the Blues Brothers.

Mr Furious said...

Angelos-

"'B' Movie Box Car Blues" might be one of the greatest songs ever. And "Goin' Back to Miami" and "Expressway to Your Heart" on the "Best of" are phenomenal as well.

Belushi can belt 'em out, and that band is fucking tight.

Noah said...

Smitty Jr. loves the entire Blues Brothers movie soundtrack, and his absolute favorite song right now, off of "Briefcase Full Of Blues" is Rubber Biscuit. Insists I play it every morning on the way to daycare.

Deb said...

Would this be a bad time to admit I've never seen the movie? I've never seen any movies made before 1987, except E.T. and Star Wars. Fact.

John Howard said...

Still haven't see it, but give me a break, I just moved today. Maybe pretty soon, there's not much on TV these days.

Mr Furious said...

Moved? Didn't you just move last year?

John Howard said...

Nine months ago to be exact. But then the owner of the house we were renting decided to sell it, though I don't see much chance of that actually happening with what he's asking for it, so we moved again. I like the new house much, much, much better. It was interesting to live in an old house, but we definitely decided it wasn't for us.

Mr Furious said...

Not seeing the Blues Brothers is one thing. But I don't even know what to do with this...

I've never seen any movies made before 1987, except E.T. and Star Wars. Fact.

For real? None?