Thursday, January 28, 2010

SOTU

I'm on deadline, and in the office working, so I have the speech going on on my desktop as I work, but there'll be no live-blog or even comprehensive reaction from me this time 'round.

Quickly? I thought it was a pretty good speech. Filled with some of the usual SOTU boilerplate, but his strongest speech since taking office.

Highlights:
  • Fuck the bankstas
  • Calling the Democrats pussies, grow a pair and get some shit done.
  • Calling the Republicans obstructionist assholes, and to get serious or GTFOTW.
  • Calling out the Supreme Court right to their face.
  • DADT repeal
Lowlights:
  • Not telling Congress how to finish health care reform—Pass the Damn Bill, etc.
  • Stupid freeze. Though, the release was clearly a red herring, as this wasn't really the meat of the speech, imo.
That's all for now, Seacrest out!

2 comments:

Noah said...

I am too lazy to re-post everything I said in the post over at our site. Suffice it to say, it looks a lot like what you wrote.

I do get irritated, though, that somehow lobbyists are still a big target for angst. I'm just a guy making a buck to feed his kids.

Bob said...

I do get irritated, though, that somehow lobbyists are still a big target for angst.

You do represent that corperate juggernaut Google.