Saturday, October 09, 2004

Politics: Debate review

Will Saletan at Slate takes serious issue with Kerry's performance Friday night ("Strikeout: Kerry blows the second debate" -- link)

I agree with a lot of what he points out, but Saletan goes a little too hard on Kerry. He made mistakes and missed opportunities, but I don't think he did himself (or sustained) any damage -- I prefer to think of the missed opportunities as "Kerry still won, looked credible and convincing, but missed the chance to kick the complete shit out of Bush on a national stage." Which would have been nice... I guess when I look at it that way, it is pretty disappointing. Sigh...

Reminds me of the old SNL debate skit where Dukakis/Lovitz looks at the camera and deadpans "I can't believe I'm losing to this guy."

No comments: