Monday, January 02, 2006

MIA

Still alive. Still outraged. Just got other shit to worry about.

Ranting about politics and stuff has had to move to the back burner for a bit. As those of you who know me know, I've been trying to solve my underemployment problem with a massive nationwide job search. I've come close a couple times, but the "sure bet" that I thought was about to pay off for me (us), just fell through.

So, my idle time online has been spent on mediabistro and hotjobs, and I've been cranking out the resumes again. Spent the break spiffing up the portfolio, and I have to enter the new year with reckless job-hunting abandon. I'm talking Jesse Ventura in "Commando" fearlessness with overwhelming firepower-type hunting (hopefully with better results for me).

It's disappointing that I have to let things slide a bit when it seems people might actually drop in to read, but priorities have to take over. Unless some Pajama Media-type is going to lavish me with some serious cash to do this, I've got shoeleather to wear out...

On that note, here's the deal. I am an experienced magazine Art Director languishing in a marketing job I'm vastly overqualified (and underpaid) for, supplemented with a steadily declining freelance base. I need to get back in the game. Fast. And if that means moving back to New York or anywhere else, I am ready to jump. What I really want is a good gig back on a title, but I will take any freelance I can get in the meantime. If anybody who wanders in here has lead on anything, leave me a comment or send me an email.

I'm not quite ready to tie my true identity to the profanity-laced, opinionated-jackass personality I've cultivated here, by linking to my online portfolio—you never know who might be offended or pissed off. So, I'm going to maintain the slight veil of anonymity I have left for now.

That's all. Hopefully something will break for me, and I can get back into blog-form soon.

Happy New Year.

2 comments:

ORF said...

Good luck, MF!!! Sadly, I don't really know squat about that world, but I'll keep my ear out...

Mr Furious said...

Thanks. I remain hopeful that something good will come my way, and we'll be living like kings!

Sigh. We thought going from NYC to Ann Arbor would actually afford us that, but it hasn't quite worked out that way.

All I really want is a job good enough that I can start phasing out the freelance, and live a normal life.

[fingers cross...]