Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Um, no thanks...


Members of the media and the Hualapai tribe take a preview walk on the Skywalk, billed as the first-ever cantilever-shaped glass walkway. It extends 70 feet from the western Grand Canyon's rim more than 4,000 feet above the Colorado River on the Hualapai Reservation at Grand Canyon, Arizona.

Heard about this on NPR this morning, and had to see what they were taking about. I'm not embarassed to say I might not be able to walk out on that thing, and if I did, I'd probably crap my pants.

MORE: No fucking way. Look at this:

I've flown into LaGuardia over Manhattan and been closer to the buildings than that. The only way I go out on that thing is wearing a parachute. Oh, and what's the over/under on people hopping that railing?

1 comment:

Mike said...

I crapped my pants just reading about it. Imagine the bodily fluids-related disaster if I actually went on the damn thing.