Sunday, February 10, 2008

3 For 3


Early in the evening yesterday I was remarking to somebody at a party that the two candidates would trade close victories, and it would be hard for either to blow the other out and grab big chunks of delegates. I noted that many thought the upcoming states favored Obama, but I expected something along the line of winning two out of three, say, 53-47...

I was NOT expecting this:
[WaPo] With 99 percent of the precincts reporting, Obama led Clinton, 58 percent to 36 percent, in Louisiana. Obama romped to victory earlier in the evening in Nebraska, 68 percent to 32 percent, and then overwhelmed Clinton in Washington, 68 percent to 31 percent, with 96 percent of the caucus vote counted.

I mean, those are ass-kickings. Very impressive. Of course, I still expect swings and reversals in momentum, but the narrative is undeniable. I have to wonder what the Clinton camp does to counter this...

3 comments:

Toast said...

Heh. Nice graphic.

E. Broderick Photography said...

Woo-HOO!! We need him!

Mrs Furious said...

I cannot believe you created a logo for this! Maybe if you had been doing your REAL work today you wouldn't be up doing it now... just a thought.