Thursday, October 25, 2007

Game Two: Random Thoughts


In no particular order... "Shut the fuck up, McCarver." (repeated ad infinitum) ... "What the hell are you talking about, Buck?" ... "I guess Pedroia's wrist is feeling better." (predicted line that didn't materialize) ... "That bank robbery ad is a good one. And that new Malibu looks promising." ... "So, Chris Myers, do you regret leaving a post as respected, serious ESPN guy to become the jackass in the stands for FOX Sports?" ... "Papelbon is a downright embarrassing on-field celebrator."

"Curt Schilling, why do you have to be a Republican jackass, it's the first thing I think of when I see you." ... "No, of course they are not taking Manny out for defense in a one-run game, with his spot due up in the ninth, McCarver you stupid jackass." ... "Oh...busting out a second White Stripes tune..." ... "I hate these hi-tech vented batting helmets that the Rockies are wearing, I'm glad the Sox (and Yanks) have not made the switch." ...

"Sitting Ortiz or Youk in Colorado really is a Sophie's Choice." ... "That said, I think I'd sit Ortiz in Game 3." ... "I can't believe I just thought that. But, it's true." ... "Dice-K is going to get lit up in Denver." ... "OUCH!" (as Drew hits the canvas after taking fastball on the ankle) ... (watching stupid Verizon ad) "Do some (non-Apple) laptops really require that retarded external wireless card/antennae thing?" ... "J.D. Drew is officially off the hook for his crappy season." ... "What's with Manny and the helmet flipping." ... "The Rockies are going to be kicking ass in the sucky NL West for years to come." ... "What the hell was Holliday doing?" ... "Look at Manny's ridiculous uniform pants...I love that freak."

"How crazy must it be to have Manny Ramirez as your dad?"

(at left) Boston Red Sox's Manny Ramirez hugs his oldest son Manny along with younger son Manny Jr. during the team's batting practice before Game 2 of the baseball World Series against the Colorado Rockies. (AP Photo/Kathy Willens)

"Why am I not surprised that Manny named both his sons Manny..."

4 comments:

michelline said...

"Do some (non-Apple) laptops really require that retarded external wireless card/antennae thing?"

Yeah, and so do Apples that want to connect to a cellular network rather than a wifi network. Unless Apples are coming standard with built in CDMA/3G cellular modems.

Mr Furious said...

Not even trying to be an Apple smart-ass with that question...I really didn't know what those cards were for. The cellular thing makes sense.

michelline said...

Not even trying to be an Apple smart-ass with that question...I really didn't know what those cards were for. The cellular thing makes sense.

:). Ok, I wasn't sure about that. I would probably have gotten one of those cellular cards, but I can hook up my phone to the laptop and use it as a cellular modem. Verizon doesn't support doing it that way, but it works great. I've actually dialed into work while driving up I95 from Orlando. (Michelline was driving)

Mike said...

Someone tell Joe Buck that every single hitter on the Rockies plays half his games in COOR'S FUCKIN' FIELD!

Then explain its effect on hitting stats. Please.

Otherwise I'm afraid that he'll run onto the field and start sucking Matt Holliday's dick right there in the batters box. While he simultaneously fills out a Hall of Fame induction petition.

Not to mention, what would McCarver say as he watched that one play out?