Friday, February 08, 2008

Kid F Update


(Bustin' out the ole "Pig and Pascee" for the wagon ride to the O.R.)

SHE DID GREAT
Ruby's surgery went well, and we got home late this afternoon. The doctor went ahead and made a more aggressive correction that will hopefully allow us to avoid another procedure, or at least prolong the need for it. This time the muscles adjusted were the inner ones (towards the nose) and the redness (bloodiness) of her eyes is much less pronounced than last time. She is temporarily "cross-eyed" but that will self-adjust over the next couple weeks. And, bonus, we have drops for her eyes unstead of the dreaded greasy cream—much better! She is a totally bad-ass kid and never cried or complained, and seems to be managing any pain with Motrin and Tylenol, and is finally asleep for the night...

I am very proud of her.

11 comments:

Mike said...

Great news. Happy to hear it.

Toast said...

That's awesome. Very happy for Kid F and her parental units.

Anonymous said...

Best news I've heard in a while!

steves said...

Good for her....what a trooper!

michelline said...

Very happy to hear that all went well. Drops sound so much better than that greasy cream - Ugh!

fridge said...

Fantastic news! She's a real cutie!

Anonymous said...

woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

This is good news. A prayer and plenty of positive thoughts for Kid F and her family.

Mr Furious said...

Thanks everyone. She's doing much better today. Less discomfort, swelling gone... She's still a bit worn down, and light-sensitive, so we've been camped out on the basement couch watching plenty of Noggin and PBS Sprout.

E. Broderick Photography said...

That's my Girl! Boy these pictures made me well up. Thank God she is so damn tough. I have my fingers crossed about this one. I have a lucky feeling and my intuition is actually pretty right on, most of the time. LOVE YOU! (P.S. I'm his sister; I can say that)

Rickey said...

Good stuff--Rickey's glad to hear it Mr. F.